Sunday, January 31, 2010

Muscle Milk Sore Throat How Can I Relieve A Bad Cough If I'm Breastfeeding?

How can I relieve a bad cough if I'm breastfeeding? - muscle milk sore throat

I had a terrible cough all week with a sore throat and cough. I saw the doctor yesterday, and without culture or anything, I was prescribed amoxicillin. I was told that I should avoid things like breastfeeding DayQuil, b / c it reduces milk production. Yesterday evening, unfortunately I think I pulled a muscle in his chest all the episodes of coughing. It hurts all the time, but especially hurts when I cough. There is nothing I can do to make a cough that safe during breast-feeding is quiet, but does not reduce my offer? I was ready, only outgoing cough, but the pain is too injured to the muscle. : (

7 comments:

mominsd said...

I agree with the honey - the neck is covered and it is relaxing. May also help to warm drinks - tea with lemon and / or honey, or hot apple cider.
Hope you feel better soon. : (

janzies said...

Make a hot tea with honey and lemon. Also, get a spray on some Vicks in it ... should begin to loosen the cough. This was recommended by the telemedicine (telephone service in my province, so you can test RNC talking) if I had a bad chest cold, or during lactation. By the way, love your profile pic ... I have a beagle too!

janzies said...

Make a hot tea with honey and lemon. Also, get a spray on some Vicks in it ... should begin to loosen the cough. This was recommended by the telemedicine (telephone service in my province, so you can test RNC talking) if I had a bad chest cold, or during lactation. By the way, love your profile pic ... I have a beagle too!

Alicia said...

There are books, drugs and a list of all when you take during lactation. You can see if the La Leche League in your area can find you and what to do. Also, I think Kelly's mom website provides information about what you take during lactation.

Abby <33 said...

trying to boil water in a bowl and .. HeatSafe UR face down on the plate, then with a towel over his head and bowl ... Steam must contribute to traffic congestion ... and sore throat .. Take a hot tea with lots of lemon .. We hope you feel better!

MJT said...

Heat a little honey in the microwave until nice and smooth. Then they have a teaspoon full when you cough. I hope you fel better soon.

MJT said...

Heat a little honey in the microwave until nice and smooth. Then they have a teaspoon full when you cough. I hope you fel better soon.

Post a Comment